Monday, August 10, 2009

Chunky Monkey

This morning Austin had his 2 week check-up to make sure that he was back up to his birth weight. When the nurse weighed him he was a solid 9 lbs 5.8 oz. He has gained almost a full pound since birth. The Dr. said he is happy, because he can tell that he is eating like a champ. That made me feel a lot better since I am still not able to nurse him, at least I know he is getting everything from the milk I am able to pump.

On a sadder note, he had to get his 2nd PKU stick today and boy he HATED it. The nurse took forever to get all the blood she needed, and my poor baby cried the whole time. I felt so bad for him. It just broke my heart. Thankfully, we dont have to go back for another 6 weeks. That wont be very fun though, because he will be getting his first round of shots :(

I am almost done writing his birth story, so check back later on today for that.

1 comment:

  1. hehe chunky monkey. :)
    Sorry you're having trouble nursing.
    Oh I used to hate those tests...when my niece had to get them done (18 years ago) I used to cry. haha I hate seeing babies cry when they take their blood.
    Can't wait to hear about his birth story!

    ReplyDelete