Michael, Austin and I headed out after Austin's nap and enjoyed corn dogs, lemonade, and ice cream. The corn dogs certainly didn't compare to the famous Texas ones, but they were better than nothing. Austin absolutely LOVED the animals, he got to pet a 3 day old baby chick and little piglet. He loved pointing at all the cows and sheep. I even tried to talk Michael into letting him join the 4H club when he is older. Another highlight was when Austin got to sit in the seat of an Army tractor. A solider climbed up and then put Austin in the seat and let him pull the handles and push the buttons, he looked so proud of himself to be up there. Overall it was a great day.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
State Fair 2010
One of my favorite things about Texas is the Texas state fair. I love everything about the fair; food, people watching, food, the animals, food, the rides, Big Tex. So when I heard that Maryland state fair was this weekend I wanted to see how it would compare, plus I thought Austin would love seeing all the animals. Big thanks to Hurricane Earl for bringing us perfect 80 degree weather for enjoying all the festivities.
Michael, Austin and I headed out after Austin's nap and enjoyed corn dogs, lemonade, and ice cream. The corn dogs certainly didn't compare to the famous Texas ones, but they were better than nothing. Austin absolutely LOVED the animals, he got to pet a 3 day old baby chick and little piglet. He loved pointing at all the cows and sheep. I even tried to talk Michael into letting him join the 4H club when he is older. Another highlight was when Austin got to sit in the seat of an Army tractor. A solider climbed up and then put Austin in the seat and let him pull the handles and push the buttons, he looked so proud of himself to be up there. Overall it was a great day.













Michael, Austin and I headed out after Austin's nap and enjoyed corn dogs, lemonade, and ice cream. The corn dogs certainly didn't compare to the famous Texas ones, but they were better than nothing. Austin absolutely LOVED the animals, he got to pet a 3 day old baby chick and little piglet. He loved pointing at all the cows and sheep. I even tried to talk Michael into letting him join the 4H club when he is older. Another highlight was when Austin got to sit in the seat of an Army tractor. A solider climbed up and then put Austin in the seat and let him pull the handles and push the buttons, he looked so proud of himself to be up there. Overall it was a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment