After reading my friend
Kim's blog about making play dough for her daughter Alexa, I decided to make some for Austin. I used a different recipe than the one she mention because I did not have any corn starch on hand. It turned out great, so great in fact that Austin thought it looked yummy and tried to eat it. He ended up crying b/c it was so salty and than he was done with it.





Then he tasted it


Here is the recipe that I used...
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup salt
- food coloring
Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled, it will last for a long time.
it looks like he had fun! What recipe did you use? I can't find cornstarch here to save my life!
ReplyDelete