Saturday, December 1, 2012

Elf on the Shelf

This morning we introduced Austin to the story Elf on the Shelf. Austin received this book for his first Christmas back in 2009, but I felt he was too young the past few years to understand and grasp the concept.  Since he is almost 3 1/2 I figured this would be the perfect year to start.  If you aren't familiar with the Elf on the Shelf, it is a book that comes with a little Elf, who is sent by Santa to watch over the kids and report to Santa each night on their behavior. The kids are not allowed to touch him, and each morning he shows up in a new location around the house.

I surprised Austin this morning with a North Pole inspired breakfast, complete with hot cocoa, "snow" covered donuts, chocolate "coal" donuts (in case he was naughty), the book, and our family elf. While we ate breakfast I read the story, and he got to name our elf. Austin was a little hesitant and we almost ended up with an elf named, "Nothing" but Daddy helped out and the two of them decided on "Elfie". So without further here is our North Pole breakfast.









No comments:

Post a Comment