Thursday, June 28, 2012

1 Month Letter to Callie

My Sweet Girl,

Yesterday you turned a month old, how can a month have already gone by?!?! While Mommy was pregnant I used to have conversations with Daddy about how nervous I was to bring another baby into our family. I was worried that we I wouldn't be able to handle another baby, you know your brother can be quite the handful. Boy was I wrong, God blessed us with such a sweet and loving little girl. He must have known that Mommy needed an easy going baby who loves to sleep. The 3 weeks of your life all you wanted to do was sleep, I had to ask Daddy  many times a week if this was normal. I am not used to having a baby that likes to sleep, and that loves to cuddle. You are such a blessing in our lives, we couldn't imagine life without you.

Your brother Austin is starting to warm up to you now as well. When we first brought you home, he was very reluctant to go near you. He was very jealous and didn't want to share any of his things(bathtub, baby wipes, etc.) with you. He still has his moments, but I am finding him talking to you, rubbing your head, playing with your hair, and he is obsessed with your little tiny fingers. He holds your hands and likes to compare them with his. The other day I caught him giving you a sweet little kiss on your forehead, it melted my heart.

I can't wait to see what next month brings. We have lots of fun stuff planned, Aunt Heather is coming to meet you and we are going to the beach. We are heading to Pennsylvania, to meet all of Daddy's family. Austin is turning 3 and we will having a party for him and you will get to meet all of his friends. Busy and fun times are ahead for us little girl!!

Here are a few pictures of you and Austin on your 1 month birthday. I love the way you and Austin are looking at each other.

 You are all smiles for Austin!!!

Love always,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Awww that last picture is precious! I'm glad Austin is coming around to Callie.

    ReplyDelete