Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Roller Coaster

The past few months have been a roller coaster of illnesses with Austin. Ear infections, sinus infections, allergies, fevers, tubes coughing, and the latest in the line up of illnesses is Roseola.

Last Monday when we got back from Texas, Austin had a fever and was pretty lathargic. I chalked it up to the temperature change and being on a plane all day. By Tuesday afternoon his fever was up over 101, so I took him to the Dr. The Dr. said he had a severe sinus infection and put him on a high dose antibiotic. From Tuesday to Thursday morning his fever never got below 100.7, but Friday morning he finally woke up without a fever. However Friday night when we were getting him ready for bed I noticed that he had broken out in a rash covering his whole body. We gave him some medication to make sure he wasn't having an allergic reaction. Saturday morning we took him to the Dr. and a different Dr. diagnosed him with Roseloa.

Fast forward to today, Austin is finally feeling better. Since it was so nice out today we took full advantage of it. I think Austin really needed the fresh air and it really enjoyed having his energy back.

No comments:

Post a Comment