Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quick Update

I met with a GI Dr. yesterday and he is fairly certain that the stones are not blocking any ducts, which is great news b/c that means NO SURGERY!!!! He said right now it is so hard to tell what is causing the pain I am having because I am pregnant and I have a kidney infection. He did say that I am showing symptoms related to the gall stones, but none that are bad enough that need medical attention ASAP, which is also good. The Dr said, that I am I at a higher risk of these gall stones because:

1. I am a female
2. My age
3. I am pregnant.

So apparently being a healthy young, pregnant female gets you gall stones, interesting!!! He said that my liver enzymes all looked good and my exam looked good however my white blood cell count was high which is why I have a kidney infection. He told me to start taking Zantac 75 twice a day for the heartburn that I am having because he believes that I have GERD. He also gave me some other things to try and wants to see me back in 4 weeks for a follow up unless things worsen over the next few weeks.

So all in all, we didn't get a definite answer as to why I am still in pain, but I will say that the pain is slowly gonig away!!! WooHoo

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling a little better and won't need any sort of surgery at this time. Yay for that!
    Ugh. GERD. Dan has that. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete