Monday, December 29, 2008

Doctor's Appoinment

I had another Dr's appointment today, and there is good news and bad news...

The bad news first...As most of you know I have been extremely sick with all day sickness and as a result I have not been able to keep anything down. As a result I have lost 10 lbs in one month. The Dr seems to be fairly concerned b/c I should be gaining weight not losing any, especially such a large amount. She gave me a prescription for Zofran to help with the vomiting. She told me if it doesn't go away within 4-5 days I will need to be admitted for an IV since I am getting so dehydrated.

The good news is I got to hear the heart beat and it was very strong. She said the baby sounds GREAT!!!

I also found out that I am Rh negative, so DH now needs to get tested. Oh well, not a big deal.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are so dehydrated. Hopefully the meds will work.

    Yay for a strong heartbeat. It's such a wonderful sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the all day sickness; hope it goes away soon.

    Are you going to find out the sex of the baby, or try to keep it a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the medication works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eww sorry to hear about the morning sickness, that's horrible. I hope the medicine works for you.

    Yeah for the heart beat, I can't wait to experience this too someday.

    ReplyDelete